Friday, September 08, 2006

Wrong Syl


Well, needless to say, that movie left something of a salty taste in my mouth (like pretzels!), but in the end it also left me with some hope that it's just as possible for people to get all wrapped up in the right sort of movement as it is to get all wrapped up in the wrong sort (also like pretzels!). In any case, despite the fact that it's loaded with a bunch of comparisons to the current political situation, which tends to annoy me but I suppose it has to be done. Anyway, overall I dug it.
Get to see some old friend stonight that I have'nt seen in way, way too long, despite the fact that they live 14 miles away. It got me thinking though, a buddy asked me what I'd come up with for Halloween the other day and it was odd, because I had just started thinking about it for the first time this year And then I realized that it's totally likely that I will not do a damned thing for Halloween this year, which is a little depressing. It's also waaay too far off to think about. In any case, I'm terminally lazy right now and up to my ass in work to do before I get to sneak out of here tonight, so I'm just gonna post something quick and sweet. I give you my favorite love song of all time*.

"I Hate I Walked Away" - Syl Johnson


Buy The Complete Syl Johnson here. If you like soul/funk, I really recommend it.

I'll come back this weekend and post some clips of Bill Hicks wishing death on people, it'll be fun. Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, I'm deleting these songs after about 2 weeks from now on, so if you want something, I'd recommend downloading it now.


*Probably. I chance my mind alot. As if you didn't know.

No comments: