Thursday, September 07, 2006



I'm lying in bed watching a documentary about the candidacy of George McGovern. I'm not gonna comment on it because I'm not finished it yet and I want to see how the fuck this man didn't get elected, but was creamed. By Richard fucking Nixon. Sweet holy crap that's depressing. It's really, really depressing. As a result I'm going to post some songs from an album all about the horrible consequences of war.
The Final Cut is probably the least liked Pink Floyd album, or at least the the most poorly received from when Roger Waters was still in the band. It's a largely personal work for Waters, whose own father, who was a communist and a pacifist, was killed in WWII. It touches on a few of the darker themes he explored in The Wall, but this time without all the blow or whatever the hell was getting to the band's ego by the time of that album. I think it's one of my favorites (outside of Meddle) just because it's so dark and raw with sentiment, it was when I was in college that I realized how much it must've hurt Waters, who probably considered this his most sincere and polished work. Anyways, it's a good album that reminds you how fucking backwards this place can be sometimes.

"The Post War Dream" - Pink Floyd

"Paranoid Eyes" - Pink Floyd


Buy The Final Cut here

I'm sure many or most of you are well familiar with these tunes, and I should probably apologize for that. But to be fair, its my site and I get to pick what goes up. Maybe you haven't heard these in awhile. Maybe you just remembered (as I did recently) how fucking great "Paranoid Eyes" is.
Either way, I'm in the middle of a damned movie.

Incidentally, Dick Gregory is fucking awesome. Seriously.

No comments: