Tuesday, September 12, 2006


So I don't know if this is keeping in with the classic science fiction theme, but the name Galaxie 500 definitely does strike up a sort of shiny, idealistic interpretation of the future. And rightfully so; they named themselves after a model of Ford made from 1959-74, the apex of shiny, idealistic futures. I remember reading that the got started hoping to sound like the Modern Lovers, who in turn wanted to sound like the Velvet Underground. Just like countless other bands. People always talk about how influential the Velvet Underground was, but I think it's even more amazing how different most of these bands usually sound. It's odd, what two different people hear in the same song. I don't know.
Anyway, I heard the first song on the radio today and I forgot that I owned this CD. It was buried in my old books, where every other CD that goes in comes out another copy of Vitalogy or Harvest Moon. Seriously, therels like eight damned copies of those albums in there. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to find my Skratch Piklz bootlegs. I don't really know why, though.

"When Will You Come Home" - Galaxie 500

"Another Day" - Galaxie 500

these songs might not be complete, because I'm having a crappy time with the server. Let me know if that's the case.

But On Fire here.

No comments: