Wednesday, September 06, 2006

new slumber party!


Slumber Party is four supercute girls from Detroit who play a warm garage fuzz that isn't too far off from later VU or Luna. Core songwriter Aliccia Berg comes up with some pretty great songs and they have a great lazy sound about them. These songs are from the aptly titled third album, 3. Since this album, Berg is the only remaining band member, but I'm pretty sure it will rock you sufficiently nonetheless. and yes, I'm reasonably sure all of the new members are supercute. I was gonna put some earlier stuff of theirs up, but while I was getting this ready and checking their names, I found out that they've got another one coming out on Kill Rock Stars in less than a week. So yeah, run out and buy that. I'm actually pretty excited now.

"No Sleep Tonite" - Slumber Party

"On-T.V." - Slumber Party

and download a song, "10-9-8-7-6-5-4", from their new one here that I haven't even heard yet (thanks KRS).

Buy 3 and a shitload of merch here. and pre-order their new one Muzik here.

No comments: