Friday, September 22, 2006

only in dreams



Some notable scenes from my dream last night:

  • A fictional character (Angela from The Office) was my HR person at work and gave me a new bank card (ostensibly to replace my warped and abused one that I’ve been toting around for the past month. On a side note, it still works, although I had to beat the shit out of it to get it into an ATM in New York. Sooner or later I’m a have to replace this thing. In my dream, though, I thought it was sweet (which was very out of character) and practical (very in character). So yeah, my brain’s a little warped.
  • Ad-rock quit the Beastie Boys. For all I know this might be true. The funny part is that in my dream I kept reading all of these sarcastic headlines about nasal flows and aging white rappers. Which means I must have a bevy of them stored in my subconscious, which is more than a little scary. I remember listening to career retrospectives, which included Mike D’s fabled country album.
  • I also distinctly remember hearing Sam Winch’s “Banter for the Common Man” (a/k/a the theme song to the “Comedians of Comedy” TV show), which I tried desperately tried to put on that mix, but stupid crappy itunes wouldn’t let me. oh, and I woke up singing “Justin Timberlake Justin Timberlake Justin Timberlaaaaaake!” Yeah, it’s about as embarrassing as it sounds.

So yeah, I’m sure that this dream actually lasted about 30 seconds of actual sleep time, but I tell you I woke up feeling like I had been on some damned adventures. I’m wondering if before that I had some epic dream where I was battling guerillas in urban decay or trapped on death island. I have been re-reading a lot of Red Star and watching a lot of Lost, respectively. It would suck if I had a wholly creative idea that I could exploit for purposes of writing, but it was pushed out of my memory by false ad-rock stories.



No music today, but if you're in the mood to get really sad, read through some executed Texas prisoners' final statements. Warning, it's pretty fucking devastating. So then go here and read some fake IM chats. I keep getting caught reading these at work because I'm laughing hysterically.

My big sister's in town tonight. awesome.


No comments: