Tuesday, September 19, 2006

sad little robot



I've been trying to post this since 10:30 last night, but for some reason the wireless connection at home has been spotty. Which, regrettably, is the least of my computer concerns at the moment. The new iTunes has all but destroyed my ipod, and while I'm trying to get it back into working order (I'm afraid to even hazard a guess as to how long that might take), I'm pretty screwed in what I can get uploaded. In the meantime, I'll try to keep as regular a schedule as I can. I thought I had it fixed this morning, but here I am, staring at a frozen screen again. fuck.
Things around here have been getting better and worse. My grandmother has gotten out of the hospital, and her spirits seem to be high, well as high as they can be, considering the state my dad's been in. It's hard, watching someone you love wearing down like this. It's not a terribly profound or original thought, but that doesn't stop it from hitting you like a punch in the kidneys. Talk of hope becomes timid and understated.
I'm so tired of offering to help and not being able to. I don't want to keep leaving for work, or to make calls about things that are months away. This is not unique to me, and it's not my right to complain about it (on a fucking blog of all places. shoot me), but I think for the first time I'm truly scared about what lies ahead, and the foggy uncertainty of the outcome. I guess it can't be that uncertain, though, can it? In any case, my apologies for the tone I feel like this site might take on.
I wanted to post some old Gospel songs that Alan Lomax recorded, but the ipod issues have pretty much put the kibosh on that for now. I'll get it sorted soon, I promise. I don't know when I'll get that mix ready now, but it's not leaving my desktop, I can assure you. I mean my real desk top. In any case, here's some songs from Mark Lanegan, wehich is the only CD I have on my desk at work. It's good though, because it fits the mood I'm in. I'll try to write some more about this album later, because right now I've got way too much to get to.

"Strange Religion" - The Mark Lanegan Band

"Out of Nowhere" - The Mark Lanegan Band
Buy Bubblegum here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, whoa shooting you would be a really bad idea & I really liked strange religion.