Thursday, June 22, 2006

Well, I have to say the show was awesome. I really wan't expecting much, not that the album wasn't great, but the whole folk/bluegrass vibe doesn't always translate that well live. Especially when the crowd is expecting ronck songs and are gathered, well, at the stupid Tweeter center. But yeah, the band was great (featuring the horns from Conan O'Brien's band, oddly enough) and the crowd was really into it. It was the fifth or sixth time I've seen Bruce with my dad, and as usual that made it all the more important to me. For anyone who doesn't know, my Father was told by doctors a long time ago that he'd be lucky if he lived long enough to see me born. Since then, he's endured health problems that would shock and astound anyone, and through it all he's maintained one of the most positive and uplifting outlooks on life I've ever seen. He's always been a person I admire to a tremendous degree, and I've always treasured whatever time I've had with him. It was great to attend the other night with him and, after watching him limp and wince his way though the parking lot, turn into the giddiest of kids at a candy store and take off for his seats upon hearing the first note from the stage. The show was incredible, and I've read a lot of complaint that for a band playing the songs of Pete Seeger, they charge an atronomical amount of money for a ticket. I think the is totally right, and they did charge a hefty sum, but for the chance to see my dad dancing like that through another concert I'd gladly pay again with my own blood. Thanks, Bruce.

another post in a few minutes.