Thursday, June 29, 2006

phoning it in.



There really isn’t much I have to say today. “But Cotton” you’re saying, ”you took off yesterday so you could have something more interesting to say today. Also, you’re too handsome”. Listen, I’m really, really busy today and I’m trying to set up a 10 hour playlist for the drive to Pittsburgh and back this weekend on top of my work. As it stands, I can’t even write a lengthy intro right now, other than this;

This song is from the NBA live 2K6 soundtrack, and is the only one from the fame that didn’t annoy the shit out of me 15 minutes into playing the game. That said, I don’t own the game and if you do you’re probably sick to death of this one. But I like it, which is the only criteria I need right now.

“Milk Em” – Ghostface Killah

Buy 2K6 The Tracks here

The Dictators are a band that got shit on for playing loud, cartoonishly stupid songs about cars and girls on their first album. Then, 2 years later The Ramones did it and everyone went crazy. They’ve always gotten a bum rap (as the infamous Jayne County/Handsome Dick Manitoba fight proved), which might explain why Handsome Dick pulled an asshole move by suing one of my favorite artists, for no discernible reason whatsoever. Even still, this song is fucking awesome and packs a wallop. Apparently they’re still together or something, but I was pretty sure that Manitoba was singing for the reformed MC5, so now I don’t know what to believe.

“Two Tub Man” – The Dictators

Buy Go Girl Crazy here


I hate Rod Stewart. Seriously, I loathe the man. I would never bring his music within groin-kicking distance of anyone I knew and cared about withough really, really having a soft spot for it. Which I do for this song. Yes, it’s the most popular version the theme song for one of the most popular TV shows in British history, one that spawned an American version that went on to name this page you’re reading right now. And yes, it’s by one of my least favorite people ever. But he didn’t write it, and The Office is worth stealing from (again). That said, it’s still a song I never get tired of and if you haven’t noticed I’m trying to get some stuff done today.

"Handbags & Gladrags" - Rod Stewart

Buy The Rod Stewart Album here. (but seriously don't. he sucks).



on an entirely different note, almost at 700 views. Which is still terrible, but makes me feel good about doing this. i'm sure if I spent more time on it this would be going up even faster, but I'm a content man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

700 VIEWS? That's awesome. I get maybe 5 a day now. And I'm pretty sure its the same person.




p.s.- I quit coming on the computer (as soon as I'm done with this comment, I swear). Have fun in Pittsburgh.

Unknown said...

eh, I'll post tomorrow. I check your stuff, I'm just not over there as much anymore. and neither should you be.

Anonymous said...

yeah, yeah and speaking of checking stuff, is my page still near impossible to read.