Friday, June 02, 2006

FREE $$$$ (not really)


I just found an old check in my desk at work for $60. and the PA treasury just contacted me about money that's still owed to me from one of my jobs in college. how boss is that? I probably made a whopping total of $120 today, but damned if I haven't worked for either in months, so it's all jake with me.
It's muggy as hell today. Seriously, I've formed the opinion lately that hell (or at least my private version of it) is probably an extremely crowded and muggy shopping mall with the Eagles playing nonstop over the PA at a deafening volume. yikes.
I had all these great songs and things to say to post today, but I've been kicked off my computer while some IT guy is here so I'm pretty limited to what I can work with. And I forget what I thought was such a great thing to write about. So I'm not gonna bore you with any of the mundane crap, other than I'm going to a 90th birthday party tomorrow night for my grandmother, who is startlingly like the lady above in both demeanor and blood alcohol level. So it should be pretty interesting. I'm gonna see a lot of family I never see, too, which is promising. for disaster.

But I digress...

I've got a weird thing about John Frusciante. I think he's one of the most original and talented guitarists out there, and the fact that he's also in one of the biggest bands in the world right now doesn't seem to bother me either. I can't think of many people I can say that about. Anyways, I remember buying his Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt (which he pretty much doesn't remember recording and did so only for heroing money, if I remember correctly), and just being freaked the fuck out by it. It's nice to see that he's cleaned up without becoming a total fucking bore (this is a terrible thing to say, but it's happened with a plenty of others - see Done With Mirrors). Anywho, I just found a disc of his I forgot I owned, and thought I'd throw 2 tracks up from. That's Omar Rodriguez (from At the Drive-In and Mars Volta fame) playing the slide guitar on the second track. It makes sense, I guess.

"Omisison" - John Frusciante (YSI link)

"Chances" - John Frusciante (YSI link)

Buy Shadows Collide With People here

I don't know much of nything about this King Biscuit Time song, other than that it's on their most recent album, which forced Steve Mason (of the late, great Beta Band) to freak out and disappear. It's not out here yet, but since he's apparently working as a carpenter now, I don't know if he'll mind much. Anyways, here's:

"Paperhead" - King Biscuit Time (YSI link)

Buy No Style here

I know these aren't the most rockin' friday tunes ever, but I'm not in the most rockin' of friday moods, so what can ya do? Have a great weekend, gang.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love finding out other people who hate the Eagles. We're so hated, but obviously so right.