Thursday, August 31, 2006

Heavy Rhyme Experience

I started thinking about this album earlier today. Listening to hip-hop with a live band backing ti is pretty commonplace now, I guess. At least if you're the Roots. or want to use the Roots. But in 1992, the height of the sampling era and a good year before Organix (which nobody was listening to for another 2 years later anyway) this was pretty incredible. I remember my brother listening to it all that summer and it was the first time I came to acknowledge that I liked Rap music since PE and and Run DMC. It also introduced me to a lot of guys I've nev er heard before, especially the artists featured on the tracks here. It still remains to me a classic summer album, and lord knows I'll be playing it this weekend.

"Bonafied Funk" (feat. Main Source) - The Brand New Heavies

"Wake Me When I'm Dead" (feat. Masta Ace) - The Brand New Heavies


I'll try to put up some more songs tomorrow, but I already know it's gonna be a hectic one, and for that I apologize. If I don't thought I'll get something up on monday, scout's honor.

in other news, that Covenant movie I've seen 6200 commericals for looks fucking TERRIBLE. As does this celebrity duets show that's on right now. Guh.

No comments: