Wednesday, August 16, 2006



So, a minor blunder has resulted in my deleting ALL of the music that was up on this site. So none of those links are gonna work anymore. I didn’t mean to do that, but I don’t mean to do a lot of the things I do, so in the end you’re just gonna have to bear with me. I was gona go back and set up a bunch of the links, but it’s not worth it if nobody’s gonna download them. So if there’s any tracks someone wants, just email me or post a comment asking me to put it back up and I’ll take care of it. Scouts honor.

So I’m a little short on commentary today, which I’m sure is gonna break your heart. I did wanna bitch for a moment (see, there I go…) about cell phones, because sometimes I just see people doing the dumbest shit while yakking away on a phone and it just makes me want to punch them in the sternum. First of all, there’s nothing wrong with driving and talking on a phone, but if you’re gonna do that, don’t drive like an ass. And seriously, if you’re getting directions to where you’re going, PULL THE FUCK OVER. There is nothing worse than getting stuck behing someone going 19mph on a 3 lane highway because they’re trying to read the signs as they’re driving past them. And if you’re walking around a store somewhere and talking on the phone, it’s pretty cool when you don’t broadcast your conversation about whoever cares to anyone that happens to be indoors at the time. It’s rude. Even more rude are the people what go through a checkout line without hanging up the phone. That drives me nuts. Have the dignity to address someone when you’re buying something from them. Pulling that “hold on” gesture when someone asks if they can help you should be punishable by public stoning. Seriously how inconsiderate is that? Unless you’re getting the results of a paternity/blood test or talking to a long lost twin, you can ask them to hold the fuck on while you pay for your crap. It’s common courtesy.

Okay, rant over. You might be able to tell I’ve had some shitty run-ins with people on cell phones today. So I’ve got a treat for everyone after deleting all the music hre, and that’s 2 songs off the Thermals album that comes out next Tuesday. The Thermals are made up of people who are in other bands (Hutch and Harris, All-Girl Summer Fun Band, etc…), and this will be their third album. From what I’ve heard, their old drummer left the band and has since been replaced, but this is the work of just 2 people. Which is fucking awesome. As of right now, this is probably my favorite album of the year along with the TV on the Radio album and the Man Man record. Sorry Ghostface. These guys might be the only band I can think of that I can honestly say that I would’ve enjoyed 10 years ago as much as I do right now. They’re quircky and energetic and fun, and they’ve managed to improve with each album they’ve released. It has a heavy theme of religion and how dangerous it can become when mixed with state and official mindset. Or something, I didn’t write it. Anyway, please go out any buy6 this album so I don’t feel like a huge turd for posting these songs before they were released officially.

“An Ear for Baby”- The Thermals

“A Pillar of Salt” - The Thermals

Preorder The Body, the Blood, the Machine here.

And out of love, here’s Sonic Youth covering the Kinks.

No comments: