Friday, August 04, 2006

VOTE TRAINED CHIMP!



It’s finally cooled off, like a gift from some benevolent ice god…to 90º F. Whatever, I can finally eat again without fear of passing out from heat exhaustion. Which is nice. I’ve had this cell phone for a week now, and I honestly just can’t figure the fucking thing out. It’s probably the nicest one I’ve ever owned, but it doesn’t have an apostrophe for text messaging. How strange is that? Or, you might be asking, who cares? Well, I’ve got issues with grammar (moreso with typos, judging my this site), so me for one. It really pisses me off when I have to send “Ill be there in 5” to someone. And yeah, I know I could just not use contractions, but the long way is for suckers, and because if I’m gonna actually write the whole thing out I might as well just call. Right? RIGHT!!???

Moving on, there was a curious little story yesterday that out of the $66,000 that was raised by the Luzerne County Green Party, all but $30 of the contributions came from GOP insiders and heavy Rick Santorum supporters. Santorum is running scared right now, and might well be the most endangered GOP senator in the upcoming elections (except for Joe Leiberman ha ha. And Conrad Burns). So he figured that, by giving the Green Party candidate enough support, he’d be able to siphon enough votes away from Bob Casey Jr’s campaign to keep his spot in the senate. And you know what, I’m not sure he’s wrong. Santorum is a clown. Everyone knows this. He says some of the most outrageous and asinine things to the worst possible people, and he panders to his insane base constituency, but he’s no fool. See, the problem is that Casey is hardly the liberal opposition’s voice. He opposes stem cell research, gun control and abortion, and supports capital punishment. That he supports same-sex benefits and not a complete asswipe in regard to the environment I think are the only reasons he’s managed to garner as much support as he has. Oh, and because Santorum just sounds dirty. But still, you could probably run a trained chimp against Santorum right now, and as long as he doesn’t fling any feces at children, he’s gonna have pretty good odds. It's not about taking out the bad guy, it's about putting in a good guy. so many peole start quivering with excitement at the thought of Santorum getting kicked out in the street (or making $750,000 a month on the lecture circuit, same thing), but that's nothing if you just vote some other putz in his place.

So why are the dems running this guy, who has runs these horrible negative campaigns and who’ll sell out the rights of millions? I am registered Green and while the thought of Santorum money funding the candidate I support sends shivers down my spine, I'll take the damned money. I'll thank 'em for it, too. Because I'd rather have that dick win and get closer to having a viable third party option in this state than send some other dick in who has as many stances as Santorum that I can support. Besides, they raised 30 DOLLARS. My nephew's car washes rake in more than that. In addition to that, Will bunch found out some interesting stuff about the company that gathered their signatures.

The Go! Team is one of the most entertaining live bands of all time. Now they've picked up some grit and are covering Sonic Youth.

"Bull in the Heather" - The Go! Team

Buy Thunder Lighning Strike here. Seriously, if you haven't, you should.

Herman Düne cracks me up and his stuff stays in my head for days.

"Seven Cities" - Herman Düne
Buy Not On Top here.

Well, I'm off to enjoy a few days of swimming, boating, and a parade that features a guy in a crab costume. Everyone have a great weekend.



No comments: