Thursday, August 31, 2006

All That Raquet


Just a thought: This morning, on my way into the office, I saw a tennis raquet lying in the parking lot next to my work. It was old and beaten up and I thought to myself "damn, I haven't seen a Tennis raquet in years!" TAnd then I thought about it some more and realized that I pretty much look at Tennis as a dead sport. Not because it's less popular now than it was when I was a kid (it's not), but because I haven't even seen a tennis raquet in 15 years, outside of the decaying ones in my parents' garage. Furthermore, I can't think of anyone that I know that's even played tennis in the past 10. Well, that's not true, I heard my aunt, uncle and cousin heading up to play a few weeks ago. But still, isn't that odd? How come I don't think Jai Alai is dead, or Cricket? God knows I don't see those much either. Maybe I should watch that crappy Woody Allen movie.

In other news, I'm feeling much better, and I'll try to upload some tunes later, but I have a lot of catching up to do at work, so for now I'm just gonna let you read about tennis. Oh, and Randy Quaid playing a Nazi. and Rutger Hauer is colorblind. This is what happens when I've forced to sit at home for a day in a half with nothing but imdb to keep me company. sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two things:
1)The blog post title was funny and appropriate.
2)That Woody Allen movie was crappy.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

it's actually pronounced "raqué" as in rhyming with "Jackée" of Ladybugs and "227" fame.

Wow. It's funny that she was uncredited as Rodney Dangerfield's assistant coach in that movie. I think she had more lines than the dead kid. oop.

and strangely, I never saw that Woody Allen movie, but I figured it was probably a good guess. Another good guess: the next one will suck, too. I don't know that for sure, but seriously, Scarlett Johannson ain't gonna save this one, either. Although Ian McShane just might....

Anonymous said...

I always love any reason to bring up Jackee. I hope you're feelig better, by the way.