Tuesday, August 29, 2006

sick



I woke up this morning feeling like complete shit. I figured it was my allergies, which tend to act up this time of year. But it wasn't, it was something else, something that started in my sinuses (sini? sinai?) and slowly worked its way through my chest and head until I was absolutely miserable. So I told myself I'd leave work at 3. Then at 1:oo I pushed that up some* and got started home. I got here after picking up vitamins, throat lozenges, soup, snacks, etc... only to get home and immidiately realized the one thing I left to purchase was toilet paper. So knowing I'd blow my nose with half of it, I had to take go back. Ugh. So now I'm home sitting in bed with a whiskey/honey mixture (for my throat), some vitamin water (for the whiskey), and a cartoons to fall asleep in front of. So yeah, unfortunately no tired criticism on the year anniversary of Katrina, no analysis of Deadwood and why it get's a bad break, not even any damned music. Yeah, well. I apologize. I had higher hopes for this thing too, but the fact that I'm sitting bed and typing this out might explain the lack of excitement.

*what broke me: I was sitting at my desk trying to justify leaving early, weighing it against the stack of work on my desk and trying to get through a few last chapters. A fly was wandering around the office, and i was just getting irritated and congested and wanted to leave and I reached out to grab it, just thinking I'd swat it a little. I knew before I even looked down I kned that there was gonna be a crushed fly in my hand. but of course I looked. and of course I was wrong. It was a half-crushed fly. So I got up, washed my hands, and headed to straight out the door. And that's what drove me out of work today. Not a great story, but it's better than the slop I've been putting up here lately, so suck it up. Have a great night.

also, HOLY SHIT

No comments: