Tuesday, August 01, 2006

damnit




okay, so on friday I set up a MASSIVE post to apologize for disappearing like that, and as I was finishing it up, the power went out. I haven't been back since then, and my computer at home doesn't work. Well, it does, but I can't log on to here for some reason. Anyway, i will make a normal post tomorrow, but today I just gotta throw this stuff up and move on because I've had what seriously might quality as the worst fucking morning ever, from the fish juice that has rendered my car into a veritable stinkhouse on wheels, to my new phone not being able to keep time sufficeently and making me late for work today to having to make a major decision on the fly this afternoon. I'm hungry and exhausted and I've got more work than I know what to do with in front of me right now. boo. So yeah, here's the music I had written great descriptions about last friday before everything went sour. I'm pretty close to a meltdown right now (literally. it's like 102 out right now), so I'm gonna get back to work. toodles.

This is a remix of a collaboration between 2 guys that had never met. It's sweet and easy to listen to.
"All That You Are"(remix) - Foreign Exchange
Buy Connected here

This comes from what might be the most overlooked San Francisco band of the late sixties. I got it after hearing the Cat Power version of "Naked If I Wanted To", which was my favorite song off that album of cover songs that she did. Strangely, it was one of my least favorite off the Moby Grape album once i got it.
"Indifference" - Moby Grape
Buy Moby Grape here.
Buy The Covers Record here.

Halo of Flies is the sort of band that I rarely break out, but when I do I'll listen to the whole record four times in a row. They sound like they're pissed off and probably don't care what you think. They're also the only AmRep band that I still listen to anymore.
"Tired & Cold" - Halo of Flies
By Music For Insect Minds here.

This last song is from Lifter Puller, which was the band Craig (and later Tad) from the Hold Steady were in before forming the new band. It seems like they had a huge following (even among rappers, it seems). A lot of people can't stand the sound of Craig's voice, and if that's the case, this one ain't gonna win you over, either. I really love the production in this song for some reason.
"The Flex & Fuff Result" - Lifter Puller
Buy Fiestas + Fisacos here.

I'll be back tomorrow with some cohesion, a whole lot of cuss words, and quite possibly my favorite Springsteen song ever played (but somehow not committed to record). PS I took that gorilla photo at the zoo like 2 weeks ago. I don't know why it finally sent it 9 days after the phone that took and sent it had been destroyed. apologies.

No comments: