Wednesday, February 20, 2008

So, I think I've mentioned my weird interest in regional dialects. I've gone so far as buy accent tapes for actors just to listen to and try to get a handle on what these accents sound like. So it should be no surprise to you that instead of packing for Portland this weekend or tying up some errands before leaving, I spend all evening playing around at the site for the University of Kansas' International Dialects of English Archive (IDEA). It's the most entertaining thing I've done in weeks and even though I'm not tying together this new mix (the whole reason I started there to begin with). So instead I nudge you towards the same site in hopes that you have the same absurd interests as me.
For a quick synopsis, check out the "Arthur the Rat" story here.

No comments: