Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Duper Wednesday

I'm tired from staing up all knight staring at a computer screen. Like usual, I'm so mad that I even bothered. Nothing is settled, and I knew that nothing would be figured out by now. But goddamned if that analysis isn't riveting. Plus, and this is kind of embarrassing, but I ALWAYS like to watch Tom Brokaw when he shows up for these things. I miss that guy. His slightly humble attitude and glottal L have earned a spot in my rusty trap of a heart. Still, I'm pretty much in the same place as I was yesterday.

Anyway, I came into work this morning and yelped with excitement when I saw on PTW that a new Man Man song has been released. This and the new Breeders albums are probably my two most anticipated albums of the new year, and of course I could use a lift today.
But 3 seconds into this song I realized that this song isn't that new. They've been playing it live for at like 2 years. I like this recording of it, but still I was hoping for something I didn't know the words to. And thinking of it, it's weird that I do know the words to it.
and this isn't to sound like one of those snotty indie kids (too late, probably). Because I really, really don't like that whole thing, and it always pisses me off. Also, I have half a point here.
This is a very similar to my reception of Patton Oswalt's Werewolves & Lollipops. It's a great album, and it made me laugh. But by the time it came out I'd seen him perform the entire album and heard it performed at least 2 or 3 more times on top of that. Does this mean I should stop attending live shows? Only attend live shows? Avoid comedy? I'm lookinog for answers here, people. Right now, my head is a fuzzy little beehive of polling numbers, statistical anomolies, and misplaced Lehrer fallout. So I pretty much am incapable of thought. My apologies.

PS. I've got two coffee thermoses in front of me and I've tried to pour from the empty one into my mug twice in a row now.

No comments: