Thursday, July 13, 2006

Wide Spectrum, Sharp, Speedy!



Quick one today because I just spend half my lunch break reading reviews of the Cut Chemist album and watching the webisodes of the American Office. I'm still not sure I wanna buy the album. I mean, I'm sure it's a great album, but it's definitely more the thing I would've killed for 7 years ago than right now. I don't know, sometimes the wait for something kills it (see; Z-Trip). Still, the tracks I've heard from it have been pretty awesome.
Anyway, here's two songs, both of which are by artists I plan on writing far more in depth about later on, but I'm too much in a rush to rig up an introspective for right here. In any case, the first song is a cover of an Adam Ant song that I had all but forgotten about until Superchunk decided to play it for something or another. Superchunk has a streak of about 5 albums that kick my ass to the ground. Since then they've chenged their sound a bit and upped the production ante. I can honestly say I don't like their newer albums, which I catch a lot of shit for. Oh well. The second song just might by my favorite version of my all-time favorite rock song ever written. Seriously.

"Beat My Guest" - Superchunk

Buy Cup of Sand here

Roadrunner (live) - The Modern Lovers
Buy Precise Modern Lovers Order here

if that isn't enough for you, check out some vintage Japanese anti-drug ads here and then buy me a Grusli.

No comments: