Friday, July 14, 2006

1000 visits means the kitten lives another day.


So, I fucked up today. I really meant to post some completely awesome summer hip-hop to round out the week, but they’re in the m4a format on my ipod, so I don’t know how many of you would be able to listen to them. I’ll probably throw them on here somewhere else just for the sake of doing it, but look for them to show up in a post early next week. So, in place of those tracks, you’re gonna get some Primal Scream. Primal Scream is nuts. Plain and simple. They swing back and forth from genres like some narcotic pendulum, and they tend to piss off their fans with every release they make. If you’re not familiar with them I would say you should be out buying XTRMNTR as soon as possible. Also, I found the book XXXXX by Kris Needs to be an entertaining enough read. Anyway, the tracks I’m gonna post here are from their album Live in Japan, which I believe is still import-only right now. It’s a great fucking album, and Japanese Primal Scream shows are notoriously indulgent and insane. This seems to be no exception as they rip through their set with the intensity of a swarm of bees that are being taunted with rocks and ice cream. You know, because they love ice cream but they hate rocks so much? okay, bad analogy. Anyway, these songs are fucking incredible and probably should be avoided in the car, since they tend to make me drive like a completely reckless baboon.

Shoot Speed Kill Light (live) – Primal Scream
Autobahn 66 (live) – Primal Scream
City (live) – Primal Scream
Buy Live in Japan here


The Whigs are from Athens, GA, and sound like it.. At first I thought I hated them, but some of their stuff has really grown on me.

Technology – The Whigs
Buy Give ‘Em All a Big Fat Lip here


Download this and this if you can. They’re in the m4a, as I mentioned earlier, but I know itunes will accept them if nothing else does. They are party joints, and will not behave themselves if left alone with your parents. Buy the album here.



Check out the 9th Ward

2 comments:

lorna said...

fyi.. you're metaphors make me smile.

Anonymous said...

here's the link you meant to post, idiot.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0859653382/qid=1152974339/sr=8-6/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i6_xgl14/103-3793196-1003040?n=507846&s=books&v=glance