Friday, July 07, 2006

Positively Birdshit.




I feel slightly crappish today. Probably the results of drinking too many Molson XXXs last night (which is referred to as “Super Beer” on the label. What the shit is that?) and no coffee this morning. Nothing like crawling out of bed and skipping coffee to place a whopping payment on my credit card bill. It’s an absolutely gorgeous day outside though, and I’m looking forward to a nice weekend of swimming, Frisbee, drinking, a kozyndan exhibit, and wiffleball. Pretty awesome, right? Yeah. Anyway, This is gonna be a quick post because I’m still backed up like a constipated nun at a chili cookoff over here, but I am gonna post this Paul Westerberg track from the mix as I promised. In addition to being a cover of what’s probably my favorite Dylan song, Westerberg plays virtually every single instrument here, and all of them well. I love the sound of the guitar here and his voice has been through just enough hell to really make it work. It was recorded for Uncut magazine like 5 years ago and hasn’t appeared on anything since to the best of my knowledge. It’s a pretty awesome track and dominated a lot of my mixes. I meant backed up with work, by the way. Not with poop.

Positively 4th Street – Paul Westerberg

Buy something of Paul’s here.


The other song I’m gonna post today (mostly because I have nothing else to post and I wanna keep some other stuff on hold right now) is from Conner, who has another song on the mix. The other day I was bemoaning that my musical taste was growing stagnant and how I just thought all of the new stuff I heard sounded weird and unlistenable. It was really starting to get to me and I was convinced I’m gonna turn into a crotchety old man that only listens to Pavement and I dunno, Mclusky and yells at all the kids on his yard and everything. As opposed to listening to newer stuff and yelling at kids. The important part is that I am going to be yelling at kids in my twilight years. Anyways, back to the story at hand I was all upset about my lack of interest in music as of late, and I stumbled across this track halfassedly and fell in love with it. So that’s the story of how the grinch saved his own self-serving interest in music. It’s not a very interesting one, I know. Maybe later I’ll tell “Horton Fucks a Who”. I probably didn’t just make that up (I’m almost sure I didn’t), but whoever reads this first should totally go out and make t-shirts with that on them. It’s a thousand dollar idea!

Up To You – Conner

Buy The White Cube here

Alright kids I’m off for the weekend. I’ll try to get some pictures and stuff to post (I still can’t figure out how to post from my phone -see the photo above- for the life of me, but will someday). In the meantime, have a blast and get outside, because it’s fucking gorgeous out there.



No comments: