Monday, November 27, 2006

Oh...



get your ass over here and download a free Cat Power show. Because Everyone loves Cat Power, so why can't you? It's from the other night and the horns are with her.
Seriously, there's something about Chan Marshall that's downright adorable*, and despite her unpredictability of a live show, she can totally knock the fucker right out of the park on a good night. When I started relabelling my ipod with new genres (I know how pathetic that sounds, thanks), I made a whole category for live Cat Power. Partly because I was making a big fancy dinner for my parents and I figured that would make a good sonic backdrop, and partly because I knew that after I'd had a few beers I was gonna want to go back and listen to it again. and I did. so yeah, who loves you baby?

* I have a heavy crush on Ms. Marshall's music. This is common with a lot of guys I know, but unlike, say, their obsession with Neko Case, I don't really find her physically attractive. She reminds me of an old friend's little sister. Her voice, though, is one of the sexiest on the planet.

No comments: