Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I was ready for bed at 10:30 this morning.


oh shit. It's been a rough couple of days. To cap it off, I spent my day sharing my office with a gassy, vomiting dog. I am no making this up. Oh god, I wish I was. So yeah, you can probably figure out why I chose to eat my lunch elsewhere this afternoon. Anyways, I'm exhausted and realy don't have an interesting thing today that isn't about funerals or long drives.
So go read up about Kaspar Hauser and feel good about things. Right now I'm watching a special on Animal Planet about people who get roundworms and almost as grossed out as I was around lunchtime this afternoon. I know that there are a million people in this country alone with parasitic worms and it's something many people have to deal with, but I swear to god that if I ever hear another story that started with someone sitting on the toilet and ends with their spouse pulling a 2 foot worm out of their butthole, you can pretty much rest assured that I will throw up on you. The scary part is that I've actually left the really nasty parts of that out.
on a lighter, less gag-inducing note, here's some Herbaliser. This was a favorite album of mine for a while, and it's amazing how long I had to wait for the What What album. This was also the first time I ever heard Roots Manuva, who remains the only British rapper I can pay attention to. Hey, whatever happened to Blade? The last song is one that was put on the greatest mix tape that was ever made for me. I still have it. In any case that's about all I got in me right now. I'm gonna close my eyes and watch Chungking Express until I pass out dreaming sweet dreams of a reality as sweet as that.

oh shit they're talking about Loa Loa now. I'm gonna be squirming like a motherfucker in my sleep tonight.

"Mission Improbable" [featuring What What] - The Herbaliser
"Wall Crawling Giant Insect Breaks" - The Herbaliser
"Starlight" [featuring Roots Manuva] - The Herbaliser

Buy Very Mercenary here.

1 comment:

David Goodman said...

i love that dog pic