Monday, November 20, 2006

how to Deal


So yeah, a late post today. I've been running my ass ragged because of the short week, and I'm writing this out for the second time now because my computer just freaked out on me. So I'm not making this a long one because I'm getting more and more cranky just sitting in front of this thing.
Which reminds me (Thanksgiving, not my being cranky). I'm not gonna be near a wireless connection between Wednesday and Monday, so you'll have to do without my pissing and moaning for a few days longer than normal. Insert my typically faux-glib commentary here. I don't think you're gonna be terrible crushed, especially watching football and passively enjoying your little turkey comas. I too enjoy the turkey coma. I don't normally eat turkey, largely for that reason. But thanksgiving is one of the few times that I allow myself the luxury of not thinking I need to be alert enough to evade homicidal maniacs, government agents, and Charles Grodin. It's pretty nice. I might even try some cranberry sauce for the first time. and them vomit it all over the yard.
In far more interesting news, a few minutes I opened up a bill for sitting on a bench for an hour, then having a doctor tell me I should take some antibiotics and come back in the morning. This is supposed to cost me $1,273.00. No shit. The good part though is that I've got a cool $70 in my bank account, a couple grand in debt, and a freshly broken car. So this is pretty awesome. To be honest, it doesn't really bother me. Money is money and it's something I told mysel is not worrying about a long time ago. Besides, I'll call the hospital and insurance companies tomorrow, throw a fit, and get some of that knocked back (prediction: I pay $650) and call it a day. No, what pisses me off is that I've got fucking health insurance. Blech.
Yeah, I said it. Blech. If you're strategically trying to figure out how to turn me into a drunker, angrier little man, then I'd recommend meeting up with these guys. Now I'm gonna go drink some scotch and order Charlie Brown DVDs off the internet until I feel better about myself and family-oriented holidays as I understand them.
So this sounds odd, but I might be the only person I know who just wants this Pixies reunion to b over with so that Kim Deal can put out another Breeders album. Don't get me wrong, I love the Pixies, but it's been awhile since those guys have recorded together and I don't know how that would've changed the dynamic of their sound or even whether or not I'd still be into them. The last Breeders album, though, fucking blew me away. It has the same raw, hoarse charm that I've grown to love in the Deals, and the peronnel changes only added more to the lineup. I'm part of a less vocal minority, to be sure, but I truly love this album. It's one of those rare albums I call "fun" that doesn't also bear the "irrepressibly gay" tag. Which can be completely awesome, too. But sometimes you're like "hmm, I with there were twins, one of them pickled drunk and the other in recovery, singing to me about being fucked up". and that's when you reach for this beauty.

"Little Fury" - The Breeders
"Off You" - The Breeders
"T and T" - The Breeders
Buy Title TK here.

oh, and googling "drunk twins" isn't the easiest way to find a picture of the Deals.

No comments: