Thursday, January 11, 2007

Video Days


I never really mentioned the whole Saddam thing, did I? I meant to last week, but I guess it just sorta slipped past me. Oh well. A lot of people are pissed that there’s footage of Saddam being hanged, and I really can’t understand why. Sure, it’s not like kids should be viewing the footage, but other than that, I think people should be watching it. If we’ve got the balls to hand a man over to his death (and regardless of what Tony Snow is saying, we knew that we were doing exactly that), then I think it’s only fair that we should have to see it carried out. Do you think Texas would be so cavalier about sentencing 60 people to death a year if they had to watch them all? No, it sure as hell wouldn’t be family viewing, but being largely responsible for it,

This same principle applies to the war coverage, which is so whitewashed I suspect sometimes that these video reports are being filed from an A/V basement in Missoula instead of Baghdad. We’re waging wars. It’s no supposed to be pretty, but to gloss it over the way we have is reprehensible and totally reckless. Admittedly, it’s gotten a lot better, but for years it was painted like we were having an ice cream social over there. True journalism took a back seat to good news, which is an extremely dangerous situation. I know I say this once every two weeks, but it’s something I feel strongly about. The press in this country is an extremely powerful tool, and I just think it's time we actually used it with a conscious. Right? RIGHT?

Dolphins will totally fuck you up; Otaku no Kamisama; Axe attack date! The next great pet project for Cobra-La

and of course, the coolest video EVER

Jeanius was a Jean Grae album that she made with 9th Wonder a few years ago that still hasn't been released as far as I know. and I lost it for 18 months before finding it a few days ago. I feel like I didn't give this a proper enough listen the first time around so I've been hitting it pretty hard and I don't know how I wasn't totally enthralled by this. Anywho, I'm caught up on it now and here's some tracks from it.

"Don't Rush Me" - Jean Grae

"Stories" - Jean Grae

Buy some Jean Grae albums here

No comments: