Thursday, January 18, 2007

hearsay schmearsay

HOLEE SHIT. Are people even reading the news? This is fucking terrifying. I really don't know what to make of this. I mean, I assume the worst about the government on pretty much every possible angle, but even I didn't think that things were going to be taken this far. Wow.
I've been trying to find a clip of Lynn woolsey addressing the house the other night iregarding her bill to exit Iraq, becase I was certain that she was drunker than Paula Abdul. I ain't stupid, I know drunk talk when I see it!

Ruth Brown has such a great voice in the way she just wails out the words. Have you ever tried to sing like that? Guys can do that, too. It's okay. You can be comfortable with your manhood and still sing like a heavyset black lady. Truuuuust me. Anywho, I always think it's amazing that she isn't acknowledged as much as Etta James or Nina Simone or the like. She got pipes! Anyway, she died in the fall, so I guess this is better late then never. Expect my Ray Charles tribute in a few weeks. Anyways, here are some songs of hers.

"So Long" - Ruth Brown
"Mama, He Treats Your Daughter Mean" - Ruth Brown
"This Little Girl's Gone Rockin'" - Ruth Brown

Buy Miss Rhythm here.

Tonight Bill O'Reilly is gonna be on Colbert. Brace for disappointment.
and Kwame Brown, wha the fuck!!???

No comments: