Friday, September 07, 2007

I'm frantic like a bastard today, and just had the following conversation:
I'm in one room trying to quietly grab my lunch from out the fridge when I overhear 2 of the people I'm on a holiday party planning committee (that I clearly did not volunteer for) with. I overhear them talking about the party:
co-worker 1: We should call Cotton in here so he can get caught up
so of course I pick up me pace and start ti tiptoe out of the kitchenette with my salad.
co-worker 2: Cotton, can you come here a second?
my brain: goddamnit!
me: um, okay. I'm just getting ready to eat my lunch though.
co-worker 1: okay, we'll be quick then. We were going over the budget, and-
my brain: awwwwwww. there's no fucking way this will be quick. just run out of the room. quick! ABORT! ABORT!
co-worker 2: Since we're paying so much for a band we were thinking you could break the contract with them that we all agreed to
me: I'm not sure if we should do that, for the obvious reasons.
my brain: this will so result in my getting drunk tonight.

(sigh).

anyway, Lucy: Daughter of the Devil premieres all over this weekend on Adult Swim. This is written and directed by Loren Bouchard, who was about half of the creative force behind what might be my all-time favorite TV show, Home Movies. He's the half that didn't go on to do Metaloclypse, which is also awesome. Anyway, Lucy is a lot more like HM from what I've seen of it, and has already resulted my totally having a crush on a second cartoon character.

Go watch the pilot here. It's funny, I swear. or clips here.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia starts up again nect week, too. So I'm gonna be writing a lot of TV stuff. and laughing. and probably feeling a little homesick.

on a good note, it's cooled down here considerably. Now all I gotta do is wait and laugh at you jerks during the Winter.

No comments: