Thursday, September 27, 2007

i was at the mall when it happened


So after working on it for about 6 of my last 8 waking hours, I've managed to put together one mix. I have the other one three-quarters done, but don't hold your breath for it because this one was goddamned infuriating to make. I like it a lot, though, and haven't gotten tired of listening to any of these songs despite having to re-load and re-sequence them more times than I care to think back on. The forthcoming mix will have some older stuff on there and hopefully not as many creepy samples, but I'm not going to make any promises on that latter point. I know this posting has been erratic lately, and the link fever of yesterday was probably annoying if not frustrating with the same-colored font. Pretty much everything with a chip in it lately has been acting up on my in the last week or two, including my brain and robotic arm. Also, it looks like I won't get to go to the demolition derby tonight because I gotta do something for work, so boo on that. Anyway, I'm hoping this thing will load okay for you, and the artwork seems to have messed me up some, but the biggest problem is that the sound quality is sort of screwy. I didn't mix this all together because I know some people won't like some of these songs here, but as a result things can go from very loud to very quiet and I just wanna give you the heads up.
Anyways, enjoy. It's slit up into 2 parts again because Mediafire doesn't like me. Those bastards. The title is from a Doug Coupland end-of-the-world story.

i was at the mall when it happened
-
On That New Thing - Madlib
We're a Winner - Curtis Mayfield & The Impressions
Lamb of the Lam (In the City) - Band of Horses
No Time to Chill (f. Little Brother) - 9th Wonder
Tea Leaf Dancers -Flying Lotus
Heavyweight Champion of the World - Reverend & the Makers
Could Be Worse
- Eef Barzelay
-
What'd I Say - Elvis Presley
Aretha, sing One for Me - George Jackson
The Sweeping Wind (Kwa Ti Feng) - Jonathan Richman & the Modern Lovers
Mercy, Mercy - Don Covay
The Hand that Leads You - Percee P
-
Accordian for Raj - Madlib
Heartbreak - Celebration
Backed Out in the... - Kevin Drew
Window - Double Deuce
-
I'm Sorry for Saying I'm Sorry - The Arrivals
Wrigley Scott - Future of the Left
Setting Vs. Rising - Sunset Rubdown
-
Children of War - Buffalo Killers
I Wish I Knew (How It Would Feel To Be Free)
-
total run time: 1:01:23






3 comments:

Chase said...

i have siezed it, although it sounds like you didn't really live up to your potential here. didn't apply yourself and whatnot.

ricky said...

I am happy to say this mix was the soundtrack to my recent excursion into wilderness. Standout tracks for me are: Band of Horses, Both Madlib tracks and the George Jackson (I have wondered forever what the sample was on that Ghostface track. Now I know!)

Great job, and I've rambled too long

Unknown said...

Oh Ricky, we both know you were nowhere near the Wilderness.
Also, that George Jackson song will be covered on the new Cat Power record.