Wednesday, September 12, 2007

300 (not the homoerotic comic book adaptation)



2/3 of the world's Polar Bears will be gone by 2050. You think that's depressing? Also, every single dog you've ever met on this earth will be dead. Terrible, I know.

Another to be filed under perpetual doom and hysteria:

Notice: Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Certain Terrorist Attacks

Consistent with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency I declared on September 14, 2001, in Proclamation 7463, with respect to the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center, New York, New York, the Pentagon, and aboard United Airlines flight 93, and the continuing and immediate threat of further attacks on the United States.

Because the terrorist threat continues, the national emergency declared on September 14, 2001, last extended on September 5, 2006, and the powers and authorities adopted to deal with that emergency, must continue in effect beyond September 14, 2007. Therefore, I am continuing in effect for an additional year the national emergency I declared on September 14, 2001, with respect to the terrorist threat.

This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted to the Congress.

GEORGE W. BUSH

300 posts. sweet jesus that seems like I've wasted a lot of time. I was going to post another mix up this week, since both of you that downloaded it seem to have enjoyed it so far. This will be an older son-oriented, single track mix, but that'll have to wait a bit, because my desk at work is weeping from the amount of shit I've placed on top of it.

Anyway, Nelson sent me this link of abandoned plane wrecks of the North, which is probably the most entertaining site I've been to in weeks.

and keeping in line with my Soviet Russia fascination, here's a fucking awesome site devoted to the posters of that era.

other than that I got nothing but to get back to work. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia premieres tonight, and for the love of fun please watch it, because I want to be able to enjoy it in the future and it needs you to do that. Anywho, it's supposed to shoot back above 100 this weekend here, so who knows, maybe I'll be pushed into making that mix sooner than later. ta.

2 comments:

David Goodman said...

not my dogs

Chase said...

I also downloaded the mix but I have not listened to it in favor of some alternately nerdy and effeminate podcasts, for which I am sorry.