Tuesday, October 14, 2008

V: not over yet?

I think I've rambled on here before about the impact that the sci-fi mini-series "V" had on my as a child. It ranks up there with "They Live" on the crappily made sci-fi features whose flimsy premises made me think everyone I knew as a child was an alien" list. And I guess it turns out they're gonna remake it. or continue it. Or something. The point is, Marc Singer's gonna get some work! That's right! No more waiting around for another awful Beastmaster (yet another movie I saw over 20 times as a child) sequels!

and yes, I'm painfully aware of how stupid this looks. But as a near-avid watcher of Battlestar Galactica remake, I will give this the benefit of the doubt until I see it. or at least until I see screen shots of how shoddy the production values are. I wish they'd keep the old uniforms, lizard molds, and spaceships*, but something tells me they're gonna have to mess with a good thing.

*I remember the transport ships from V looking uncannily like the old McDonald's McNugget styrofoam containers. So much so that I think I used to use one for that purpose for my action figures as a kid. Man, I should really keep stuff like that to myself.

1 comment:

Chase said...

really bizarre, I looked up V on wikipedia just yesterday to see if I remembered the ending correctly. I guess that I did not.