Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pepsi: Things just got a lot uglier

There's been a lot of talk on the internet (at least on the crappy places I visit) about the new design for Pepsi products. And with good reason. It is... not good. I thought things were pretty terrible when they started letting the consumers design the can.
Now, it looks like they took the Obama logo* and tried to internet it up a bit. It's like they might as well just start advertising in lolspeak.
Is it possible that these designs came from the internet itself? Oh, man. It's gonna take me awhile to wrap my head around that one.

*As much as I like the Obama, this logo thing is creeping me out a bit. The very idea of branding political candidates (though I'm sure it isn't new by any stretch) just seems so ominous to me.
But then what the hell do I know.

Anyway, check out a look at Pepsi designs over the years. My favorite? The one that looks like motor oil:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's such a good logo, the Obama one, though - I did my pumpkin with it this year (though if I had it to do again I would make the rising sun part a little bigger)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jemaleddin/2985690112/