Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I'm almost at the point where I don't want to watch the debate anymore. My minds been made up since March. Why do I continue to subject myself to this stuff? Is it worth the inevitability of my yelling at the TV, floundering, and then ultimately being disappointed with whomever wins anyway? Is anyone going to even care anymore come January? Assuming the economic crisis will have at least started to abate by that point, will this all be nothing but a hangover by then, until some other crisis (real or perceived) looms? I feel like the last three elections have just resulted into a year-round political campaign season, and as a result there's no time to get much done because everyone in our legislature is constantly voting as short term as they can in order to maintain electability*. Has it always been this way? Can I blame MTV somehow? Either way, I'm clearly going to watch the debates tonight, if only to watch Obama relentlessly pursue the economy in discussion while McCain tries to tie Reverend Wright to Wall Street. This one might get ugly. Sigh.

now listening: an entire album's worth of Beatles songs played backwards. I'm not sure I could tell you why if you asked.

*I'm sorry. I think I said earlier that I'd never use that term again.

No comments: