Friday, August 29, 2008

Sarah Palin as VP candidate

I don't think any of us saw that coming.

Still, it's SMART. Western reform Governor, wooing the Hillary vote. Also, announce it immediately after the DNC.

of course, iut's condescending to think that this will woo women voters just because she's a woman. Or that it'll woo reformists just because she's new at her job and [sic] calls herself a maverick. Still, it's an interesting pick.

I call myself all sorts of things. I'm not certain that maverick has ever been one of those. Except for a weird Top Gun phase in the late 80s. But that was different.

6 comments:

Chase said...

i have pretty much disagreed with everything you've posted about politics this year.

Unknown said...

I assume you've disagreed with everything I've posted about politics EVERY year.

I don't know how you could disagree with ANY of that, though.

...other than the interesting part.

Anonymous said...

you really think that a pro-life, anti-environment former beauty queen from alaska is going to pull hillary voters?

Unknown said...

just the stupid ones.

really, i think there's a small but definitely existent faction of voters that are still really sore about Hillary not being picked, and I think they've been considering voting for McCain out of spite, only to see the pot sweetened by his adding this retard as a VP.

Carrie said...

In case you haven't heard hear is what the New York Post (I know hardly a credible read but I love page 6) reported on the babymaking boyfriend..

On a MySpace page subsequently taken down, Johnston boasts, "I'm a fuckin' redneck" who likes to snowboard and ride dirt bikes.
"But I live to play hockey. I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some shit and just fuckin' chillin' I guess."
"Ya fuck with me I'll kick [your] ass," he added.
He also claims to be "in a relationship," but states, "I don't want kids."

What a cool guy, or just your average young redneck.

Carrie said...

ahh not hear but here, whoops...it's still 5 am. and I'm still on EST so sue me.