Wednesday, June 20, 2007


"Spiel" - Joe Strummer

I know this isn't really a song or anything, but I came across this last night and was just beside myself with the feeling in Joe's voice here -of frustration and exhaustion but also an underlying current of hope. I was talking with a good friend last night (actually, a bunch. Cotton has 4 weeknight beers and the dialing begins) and he asked how I keep a positive outlook on things when things -from my perspective, at least- can appear so bleak. I didn't have an answer then, but I guess it would've been very similar to this clip here. I have hope because I know change is possible.

on an entirely unrelated note, I got a job in CA and am now gonna be moving even earlier, so my posting is probably going to become pretty erratic (as if it weren't already). But I promise I'm going to try to update frequently and I'll totally document the drive out there, which should be fun. Just a heads up.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

1-I knew you had the job in the bag. Congrats!

2- Funny that you bring Joe Strummer up because I literally just got home from buying Redemption SonG: The Balled of Joe Strummer. Weird?

3-Also I demand photos from your travels!