Thursday, June 21, 2007

2X2L Calling....


I saw this walking into work yesterday morning and for some reason it really got to me. I was thinking for awhile that some poor senile person had mistaken the dollar store for an airport terminal, which meant that at that moment they were probably trying to recline a stack of frozen peas inside or something. There was no phone number on the luggage tag, so I just went on with my day and it was gone by the time I left that night. No word on whether a bomb squad took it away.

Was woken up (as I have every day in recent memory) by the hated neighbor, who was constructing some sort of worthless sign or some bullshit. I am not a handy person, per se. But I know the right order in which to do basic construction/carpentry jobs, and I can promise you that that bastard was doing it wrong just so he could make more noise at 7:15 AM. The motherfucker is toying with me, and seeing how I only have three weeks now to toy back, it looks like I should step up my efforts. Time to assert myself. Oh, and this goes for the abortion protesters up the street, as well.

"Why Did I Drink So Much Last Night?" - Fourth of July

"Wildflower" (live) - Sonic Youth

buy shit here.

just a total aside, can we fucking stop sending weapons into already fucking scary situations, please? I mean, how many time has arming someone for fight our enemy come back to bite us in the ass? I can think of five without even stopping as I type this.

Let's think about this. Group A is bombing American troops. Then, two months later, they decide al-Qaeda is a bigger threat to their beliefs, so we give them massive weapons shipments to fight al-Qaeda. How does this possibly work? And let's just say that through the miracle of Allah of whatever these people do what we -the eminent military industrial complex of the world- cant and defeat the international terror ring from withing one country. Who do you think they'd turn their guns on? Drug Dealers? Michael Moore? Hippies? For fuck's sake, to think that some asshole was paid more money than I'll see in the next 5 years to come up with this short-term gagortion of a plan is just fucking ridiculous. We should also start sending them missiles that can almost reach the US. that way we're totally safe. Good going, assholes. Way to outsource.

1 comment:

Torrey said...

If you want I can lend you Caroline for the night....that would surely get to your neighbors! She's especially loud during Happy Hour.