Monday, June 18, 2007

Spent plenty of time visiting in cemeteries over the weekend. I'm not complaining, it was nice. But while in a Catholic cemetery* I noticed the grave in the picture above. I wish I'd had an actual camera on me instead of my shitty phone, because had I stood back about 75 yards you'd see this giant lot crammed with graves and then in the background this giant empty lot with a solitary grave. I'd always heard this, but still wasn't sure until I was told that it was the grave of someone who had committed suicide. Doesn't that just suck? If I believed in an afterlife, I'd be pissed. I mean, isn't one of the big problems with depression, that people feel helplessly alone? I mean, why not bury a pedophile at Disney World? I've seen the graves of murderers, child molesters, and rapists, and they were all buried with more dignity than this.
Sorry, this just pisses me off. At the same time, though, why bury them there at all? I think I'd rather be thrown on a compost pile than blatantly ostracized like that. Mental note: is that legal?
On a more positive note, there will now be an apt. waiting in Cali, and if I'm lucky a job. Had an interview that went surprisingly well, if for a startlingly similar job to the one I have now. So yeah, that's now very interesting. I'm working on something that might be, though. Stay tuned.

I literally fell into a Zen Guerrilla show one night when the upstairs bathroom at the Khyber was destroyed and I had to use the downstairs one. I was at that perfect window between three beers and forty, and I distinctly remember thinking that the band sounded better than whatever review I had read.They were pretty high-intensity, and the singer was like a towering man-beast, howling like his hair was on fire. In all though, I really enjoyed myself and bought the album the next morning when I'd sobered up. For me, that's a ringing endorsement. I'd say one of my favorite Delaware bands ever.
"Barbed Wire" - Zen Guerrilla

"Staring into Midnite" - Zen Guerrilla
"where's My Halo?" - Zen Guerrilla

Buy Shadows on the Sun here.

Also, the Go! Team signed to Sub Pop! Huzzah! If the album is half as good as the last one, I'm gonna be a happy guy.

"Grip Like a Vice" - The Go! Team

on a side note, to the executives that decided to air Big fish on Father's day: fuck off. I love that movie, and it pulls at my heart strings at ways that I have never felt before. It's a beautiful sentiment and I appreciate your showing it on Father's Day. But keep your shitty promos off the screen and stop marketing in my tender moments. Thankfully, I got to turn it off and wait until I got home to pop in the DVD.

*Also, do we really need to be buried separately? Would you want to spend the afterlife in a church setting?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

THE GO! TEAM will without a doubt be on some seriously brutal car stereo rotation come this september.

I am counting down the days!