Friday, June 01, 2007

Bzzzt. smack. drinkcrysleep.


I’ve been stuck living the same day pretty much all week, from waking up at 4:56 to the sound of a bird orgy outside my window to passing the same lady walking her same twins on the same corner on the way home from work to still now being asleep at 2:30 as I lie in bed listening to Jimmie Reed.

It’s fucking mind-boggling, and driving me insane faster than slow. I’ve got a questionable weekend ahead of me. Actually, pretty much every weekend between now and the move is questionable, which is pretty depressing when you think about it.

Anyways, I could kiss John Conyers on the mouth right now for calling Tim Griffin (and by extension Rove) on his bullshit caging tactics.

I was looking for a link to the Inky article about the Upper Darby police selling seized weapons back to the shady dealers, and in the meanwhile I came across yesterday’s police blotter. It’s filled with some pretty atrocious stuff, among among which the details of a murder that eerily shadows that of a friend of mine a few years ago. And then at the end a story about a trapped dolphin being freed in the Delaware. So that’s the tally. 1 adult and 2 children dead, one dog dead, and one dolphin rescued. That little motherfucker better live a long and fruitful life. I want that Dolphin to live to be 127 and sire thousands of baby dolphins. Which could start by it getting the fuck out of the Delaware river.

The Bowerbirds are a trio from Raleigh who I just found out was playing here last sat. night, which I’m kinda pissed I missed. They play a sort of folk-romp thing, a description I’m sure doesn’t do them justice (which is surely given them in John Darnielle of Mountain Goats’ recent blog entry). Anyways, I highly recommend the album, which will be available on July 10.

“In Our Talons” – The Bowerbirds

“My Oldest Memory” – The Bowerbirds

Pre-Order Hymns for a Dark Horse here.

and what the hell, here’s Yves Montand singing about fucking! in English! The latter is pretty rare. The former is not at all.

“Let’s Make Love” – Yves Montand



Check out Doomdrips, which I'm loving right now.

No comments: