Monday, February 19, 2007

Get your paws off me you...dirty ape!



The other day I went to a cobbler. I've never been to a cobbler. I'm not even sure I know anyone who has (though I'm sure I do). I thought cobblers existed today solely for the continued traditions of selling magic beans and casting enchanted stool. But no! Cobblers are no haven for transdimensional mythos! They are steadfast fellows, with an iron will and a friendly ear. No, just kidding I barely spoke to the guy. I was a little let down when I found out that he was located in a busniess park less than a mile from the house I grew up in.

Aside from than Lanzafame and the last Solomon Burke album, I've been listening to this Cloud Cult album a lot. It's really a tough sound to explain, but it goes from a sloppy wreck to this immensely pleasing laser beam to the eyeball of ...warm. Yeah. Anyway, you can get the new album now on their website or wait until April 30th in the stores. Or not buy it at all. It's frankly none of my concern. Everything I read about these guys has to do with their being super green or being Minnesotans. The first two songs are from their last album. "Pretty Voice" has a certain moment where I was convinced I was listening to Crosby, Stills & Nash. You'll know it when you hear it.

"What It Feels Like To Be Alive"" - Cloud Cult
"Training Wheels" - Cloud Cult
Buy Advice from the Happy Hippopotamus Here

"Pretty Voice" - Cloud Cult
Buy The Meaning of 8 early here!

Boing Boing featured this photo stream about these futuristic housing complexes that were built in Taiwan that were abandoned by investors and left to rot years ago. It's probably one of the coolest things I've seen in recent memory, and definitely worth checking out. Part 1. Part 2. It should be pointed out that Bb's description of them as resembling a "rotting, zombified version of the Monsanto House of the Future from Disneyland" is pretty great, but I still think of Troy McClure's house. There's some nekkid ladies in some of them, so heads up ya mormons.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, there was a little factoid on Bill Maher (which means there's a slight chance of it being true) that 43% of a poll stated that they wouldn't vote for a Mormon for president. 43%! I don't think Mitt Romney has a shot in hell, but still, that's pretty fucked up, people. I just wanted to point that out.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

initially I thought you wrote that 43% of people wouldnt vote for a Moron...

I said to myself yeah that sounds about right after the last two elections...and then I read your quoe again.

Its funny though how similar those two words look on page.


I'm right with you on the CSY moment...verry funny.