Monday, June 02, 2008

Bo diddley R.I.P.


Bo Diddley dies at age 79

While he's been a household name (or at least was) for half a century, I still feel like the man's music is criminally overlooked when discussing the true pioneers of rock music. Just like Ike Turner's death was overshadowed by his less than stable personality and domestic battery, I feel like Bo's death will be more about his glasses, hat, and the fact that lots of more famous British musicians covered him. But if you get a chance, go through some of the man's music. It's always a treat, and though I thought I've posted "Roadrunner" here before, it would seem I haven't. He did make a mix, though, and frankly I'm a little disappointed that I never got around to posting more of him. I guess that's because I stopped posting music like years ago.

The man was a giant, and I hope that his influence will continue to be felt for a long time to come.

Anyway, it's a damn shame, and I'm sorry to see him go.

No comments: