Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday, May 20
7:54 PM

   It is Friday night, and I am home alone since Carrie left for band practice. It's dark in hour living room, and I'm playing a combination of ambient music and the Los Angeles police band at a particularly embarrassing volume. I'd be curious to see what my neighbors must be thinking about now. I had two beers with dinner and am thinking about using the last of the bourbon on the shelf to make myself a cocktail.

I don't really have anything interesting to post. I mean, I probably do somewhere, but the last several ideas I've had have been preempted by stuff I've read or seen or heard about, which is a shitty excuse not to write, I know. But sometimes any excuse is a good one.

Maybe I've exhausted all of the episodes of Justified I was catching up on. Maybe I'm just bored. Maybe, after reading about a pending apocalypse all day, I didn't want the last post on this site to be about a freeway exchange. It probably doesn't matter.


-rest of this post deleted out of common sense/rapture joke fatigue. I've spent too much time on the computer today and I need to get the hell away from it.

I'll try to think and post something up before the end of the weekend.

In the meantime, try not to get too bummed if you're not one of the people floating off into the sky. I'll still be here with you.

1 comment:

sarah said...

My friend and I were talking. Basically, he came up with this, People say a lot of crazy things but it's when a bunch of people start joining in on what that crazy person said, that's what is the most upsetting thing about it.

Anyway, I liked your sentence about not floating up into the sky because I basically said the same thing to my friend.

Also, Carrie's in a band!? I'm so glad to hear it!?