Saturday, April 24, 2010

It's 3:56 AM right now, and I'm wrapping up the tasks that I gave myself when I woke up: "you're not going to bed until this stuff is all done". and I did.Unfortunately, I will be doing the same thing (with even less sleep) tomorrow night.

Ah, but now. Right now, I am sitting here with an expensive-in-California Dogfish Head 60 Minute Ale, the serenity of the middle of the night. I've been listening to Ennio Morricone and Richard Hawley for the past couple of hours and it's put me in the sort of mood that is content but excited. The cat wakes up every hour or so, has a quick bite, and then stares at me for 5 minutes before yawning and going back to bed. Carrie is asleep on the couch in front of an episode of Blue Planet. One of those minutes where you look around and everything has stopped moving, and you are left with the feeling that take everything in and just maybe get everything all figured out for once.

Instead, I will eat a plum and go to bed. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

peace cotts, peace of mind at night.