Monday, October 16, 2006

Eddie



They're going through the 885 best artists of all time, and it's going to give me a stroke I shit you not. Well, that and I turn on a debate for the PA senate rave this morning only to hear both of the candidates (neither of whom I'm very fond of) mention stupid spoiled whore by name in their debate. Jesus, people. If we keep using her name, then she will never fall out of the terrible spotlight she's squirmed her way into. Seriously, it's like bears and poor people. If you ignore them long enough, they just disappear. Wait, it's not like that at all, but still there's no reason to bring her into this.
I'm finally getting sick of this election. I'm sick of candidates putting their signs on public property*, and I'm really tired of the commercials, and I'm really tired of everyone blaming the other side for everything. The FBI is investigating Curt Weldon and it's the Democratic party's fault because it's so close to the election? You know who else's fault it is? CURT WELDON'S. If you did something questionable enough that the FBI is investigating you, then you should consider shutting the fuck up. I'm so sick of this. I'm so sick of everything being the fault of the other party and nobody taking any accountability. Both parties are so fucked up, I'm shocked that I find myself capable of voting for either of them.
I've been listening to a lot of Iron Maiden this morning. Sometimes, cheesy metal can be the most therapeutic thing on the planet. Unfortunately, I'm not driving, because every time I hear "Run To the Hills" in the car, I blare it and hit every one of those drum fills on my door handle. I don't know why that's relevant, either. But check out the Eddie action figure!
When the Deltron album first came out, I was pretty underwhelmed. I probably still am, I haven't heard the actual release since 2 months after I bought the disc and lent it to someone in college. But it is not the sequel to Dr. Octagon that people were saying it would be. Shit, the sequel to Dr. Octagon isn't the sequel they were saying it would be. and Del was spread a little thin at this point, in my opinion. Still, Kid Koala lays down some of the most unique cuts I can remember. I can't wait to hear what his new album is gonna sound like. Anyways listening to the instrumentals now (as I did through most of the weekend), I've really grown to appreciate this a lot more. Maybe you'll feel the same way.

"Run To the Hills" - Iron Maiden
Buy Number of the Beast here.

"3030 (Instrumental) - Deltron 3030 (Sendspace link)
"Memory Loss (Instrumental)" - Deltron 3030
Buy the album here.

* this applies to both candidates I support and those I don't, though I've noticed that Mr. Weldon's campaign comittee seems to be doing this a lot more than anyone.

UPDATE: This just keeps getting more interesting.

No comments: