Thursday, June 01, 2006

Born to Run, (then walk and clutch my kidneys, the jog, then run the rest of the way)



am I a man of action or what? Not only did I read the shit out my book last night (yes, I actually did just type that), but I went running this morning and worked out at lunch. Sadly, though, I am sitting inside on my lunch right now and haven't drank any water since I woke up. 4 cups of coffee, though. rowr. I better cool this shit out or I might get genuinely healthy, which I actually don't want. Anyways, I feel like my legs are about crawl away from me on their own and die underneath a radiator or something. and I would probably let them. The point is, I'm not nearly as chipper as my man Furilla up there. Sorry, but i's made me laugh all morning and I couldn't find a shot of the kid running in Meatballs.

Since I'm sitting in my office right now freezing my ass off in the air conditioning, I thought I would put up some Summer songs. Both of these songs remind me of summer, though I sincerely think they should remind me of something much, much colder. Moving on, The Robot Ate Me is pretty much one guy from Anacortes, Washington (which is further from my sister than I initially thought) who has been putting out records for awhile now. His most recent one was sort of out there, especially following what could be deemed his most commercial effort to date. This song is the title track off the first album, and has a nice feel to it. and some cussin'. which is always nice.

"They Ate Themselves" - The Robot Ate Me (direct link)
check out the rest of that page, though, because there's some other free songs on there.

buy They Ate Themselves here at their site.

For some reason I thought Broadcast were German. I have no idea why other than I must think they sound like the Notwist, even though they don't. At all. They do, however, sound a lot like Stereoloab and Saloon, the latter being one of my favorite bands and the former beingone of Ricky's. This song is from HaHa Sound, their second album. this might've been the single off that album, I don't remember, but it reminds me of driving with sunbeams darting around the interior of the car. It's a nice feeling. They have a newer album I haven't heard yet.

"Before We Begin" - Broadcast (YSI link)

Buy HaHa Sound here

I just realized that both of these records were releasedd in 2003, which is putting me right about on the curve of being hopelessly behind. sweet.

on an entirely unrelated note, that Thom Yorke album has leaked and I can't bring myself to listen to it. I have no idea why.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Furilla is wildly piliferous! I kind of want to breakdown and start being pink and hairy. I'd settle for hairy. Um, you? behind in music? You and your crazy self-accusations.

Anonymous said...

I love getting shout-outs.